Music Banter - View Single Post - Favorite Musicians
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2007, 10:51 AM   #8 (permalink)
PerFeCTioNThrUSileNCe
Bright F*cking Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hood View Post
sid vicious is very important to punk rock, if you look at many important musicians in the past 20 years or so, many will say that Sid ad the Sex Pistols are very important to punk and music in general.

But I defenitley agree with you on Mike Watt. Damn, what an amazing artist he is. I like Thurston Moore's story he told in Nirvana's Box Set booklet.
Sid Vicious may have been the posterchild for punk rock, but he did nothing to improve the world of music as it is today.

Anyway....

Eric Johnson - Amazing guitar player. Arguably one of the best guitar players in the world today. His style of playing is flawless and he writes some of the most beautiful music I've ever heard.

Geoff Rickly - Amazing lyricist. While I'll admit his voice isn't the most powerful by any means, he embraces that and his style of singing couples itself perfectly with his writing.

Ben Harper - He incorporates reggae, funk, soul, and even a little folk into his sound and does a great job. He's not a revolutionary guitar player, but an amazing singer and his voice brings a lot of power to his music. Great lyricist as well.

John Popper - All I can say is wow. He's just pouring with talent. Amazing singer, amazing writer, and most of all, INSANE harmonica player. Blues Traveler as a band is great. I've been a fan since I was probably 7 or 8.

Dimebag Darrel - Hands down one of the most influential guitar players ever. That's all.

Joe Satriani - His funk/fusion/neoclassical style....or whatever you call it...is just fun to listen to. Watching him play is so fun because he seems to do it so effortlessly. Great guitar player, great musician.

Bradley Nowell - I've been listening to Sublime a ton lately. It's a shame he died. The incorporation of funk, ska, punk, and even hip hop into his music is great. He is easily one of the most influential musicians of the '90's. (and part of the '80's)
My ego's like my stomach- it keeps shitting what I feed it.
But maybe I don't want to finish anything anymore..
maybe I can wait in bed 'til she comes home. and whispers....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Star
Remember kids: It's only real metal if the vocalist sounds like he's vomiting up a fetus. \m/
PerFeCTioNThrUSileNCe is offline   Reply With Quote