Music Banter - View Single Post - so umm...
Thread: so umm...
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2007, 06:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

That is not an image that comes across Crow I'm afraid. Of course there are some that are less active, but there is a huge amount of angst on this site...why?

Music should bring people together. It should educate, entertain,enlighten and inform.

Differing points of view? Of course. The world would be boring if we liked the same stuff, but u are promoting a music appreciation website. An incresingly rare commodity in these times of populism.

What exactly is the website trying to achieve? If the people running it are in constant conflict, then those young and impressionable will look elsewhere to find supporters of their music.

I am 35 and maybe too old for this site (?), but I have been longing for a music site that emcompasses a wide range of music and views, yet still remains off the mainstream. If the people that run it cannot see that then I despair for the state of music.

We should galvanise against the system, no matter what genre of music you like. After all, that is how you found this website?

I don't want agreement for every band (how boring would that be?), but let's take a more mature approach to this site. It's avery good site-let's not lose it's original aim.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote