Music Banter - View Single Post - capitalism: why so anti?
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 07:43 AM   #50 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
I enjoy your rants. I know you're just stressin' tho. Relax. Lets make sweet love by the fireplace.
Case in point, your Honor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
Also. Even though what you said about sweatshops is correct. It makes jobs only for people in other countries. And call me a selfish jackass but thats not our responsibility, we need to look after our own. And downsizing and offshoring claims more jobs than illegal immigration ever will.

Besides, taking all the cons of sweatshops like horrid working conditions and low wages into consideration. Simply being employed dosen't seem to be that much of a pro.
Well we're making a case for capitalism. I'm not saying that this is what we should do, im saying this is how to fix the issue of third world poverty. All nations fight a bloody battle through industrialization. The idea that you can go from agricultural society to post-industrial without the in between is the garbage rhetoric of the uneducated. Not only does it assume that a nation has the resources, but has been hiding them.

If they made American wages, companies would just employ workers here. The third world would still die of malaria, there'd just be no way to give them help without aid dropping medical aid. Thats no solution...teach a man to fish and he eats for a day...

I don't think I understand what you're getting at in the last statement though. Are you saying the working conditions make having the job too sucky to be redeemable?