Music Banter - View Single Post - capitalism: why so anti?
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 01:55 PM   #52 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog View Post
Case in point, your Honor.

Well we're making a case for capitalism. I'm not saying that this is what we should do, im saying this is how to fix the issue of third world poverty. All nations fight a bloody battle through industrialization. The idea that you can go from agricultural society to post-industrial without the in between is the garbage rhetoric of the uneducated. Not only does it assume that a nation has the resources, but has been hiding them.

If they made American wages, companies would just employ workers here. The third world would still die of malaria, there'd just be no way to give them help without aid dropping medical aid. Thats no solution...teach a man to fish and he eats for a day...

I don't think I understand what you're getting at in the last statement though. Are you saying the working conditions make having the job too sucky to be redeemable?
Pretty much. Seriously, it's not really helping anyone over there, while people here who need jobs aren't getting them because all the corporate think tanks know that they can get someone in Bangladash who will do the same job for less than half the wages an American get.

Don't lie to yourself. Companies don't relocate to other countries because they want to help them, they just want to save money.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.

Last edited by boo boo; 06-05-2007 at 07:04 PM.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote