Music Banter - View Single Post - Someone please explain the appeal of RATM?
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 05:08 PM   #73 (permalink)
Seltzer
Fish in the percolator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
Extreme Noise Terror were using two distinctly different vocalists a long time ago, and I don't think I am remaining ignorant. I also have a friend who knows so much more than me, he's 40 and still regulary goes to gigs and he thinks NILE are awful too. The whole let's go as fast as we can has been done to absolute death. They may be big in America but their following isn't as big here because we have heard this sort of thing years ago.I will check out the guitarist though on your advice Seltzer.
It's not just the use of dual vocals - it's the way in which they use them.

He might think they're awful, but he shouldn't doubt their originality. They have a unique sound to them as in my post above. They go at whatever speed suits their music - not always fast, but usually fast. It isn't really any more done to death than going at medium speed or slow speed. Thousands of bands have done each.

I didn't like Nile at first because it just sounded like a mess of noise. I find that when I listen to them, I have to change my speaker setup because there's quite a lot going on at once. But even if I didn't like them now, I wouldn't doubt their originality.

Karl Sander's solo album is pretty good - just beware that it would appeal more to ambient/post-rock/prog fans than metal fans.

Last edited by Seltzer; 06-07-2007 at 05:29 PM.
Seltzer is offline   Reply With Quote