Music Banter - View Single Post - Spreading your self too thin?
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2007, 10:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Sound Devastation
Music Addict

i find that...

because of the label and the nature with being in touch with the underground scene, i come across new bands who have written awesome new albums pretty much every day, whether theyre bands on SD or friends of bands on SD, or played with bands on SD, or on other small labels we like..

it means i barely ever get the chance to listen to much of my CD collection. even the albums i would say are my favourites of all time i havent picked up in weeks. in general i am happy with it as i know the albums are there, i still discuss the bands and i have the knowledge of the genre... the problem comes when getting into a new genre. Ive recently found some awesome new crust punk bands for example. i know nothing about crust punk and it'll probably be months before i get the chance to listen to the 'essentials' and id still know nothing about the genre.

i guess its up to what you want from music.. if experimentaiton and pushing the boundaries is important to you then you'll find yourself finding new bands every day. if consitency and style are important then you probably know enough about music, and speak to enough people about music, to stay in touch with whos best.

AMENRA - Mass III 2xLP [stunning vinyl release of the belgian sludgecore giants epic 06 album]

FALL OF EFRAFA - Owsla & Elil CD&LP [British crust/doom/post-metal band Fall of Efrafa deliver part two (Elil) on their dark conceptual trilogy. Part one (Owsla) will also be re-released for the first time in the UK]

visit...
Sound Devastation Records website
Sound Devastation is offline   Reply With Quote