Music Banter - View Single Post - The Rolling Stones or the Beatles?
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2007, 01:48 PM   #52 (permalink)
almauro
Way Out There

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
\
I know more about musicianship than you probably do, The Beatles were much better musicians than The Stones.

Clapton himself will testify that Harrison was one of the best guitarists around, he thought more highly of him then he ever did of Richards, Jones, Taylor or Wood. Also The Beatles influenced Hendrix more than The Stones did.
Taylor would have slaughtered Harrison and would have held his own against Clapton. Futhermore, I can't believe Clapton would have made those comments considering there were vastly superior guitarists everywhere. I guess he may have made those comments out of pity for stealing his wife. If you don't think Harrison was mediocre at best, consider these two things.

1.) The documentary "Let it Be" documents the trouble Paul had getting Harrison to play the guitar parts for his songs. He complained that every time he tried suggest how the part was to be played, Harrison would give him the attitude, "I'm George Harrison...you can't tell me how to play!", and would end up doing it his way.

2.) Between the recording of Let it Be and Abbey Road, Lennon began forming the Plastic Ono band featuring Clapton himself. If Harrison was so great, why would Lennon even consider forming a Supergroup with Clapton, while still a Beatle? Lennon also included Alan White, a real rock drumer. At this point, I won't even get into Ringo/Watts comparasons.