Music Banter - View Single Post - The Rolling Stones or the Beatles?
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2007, 06:49 PM   #57 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by almauro View Post
The art in metal is that it totally subverts what's accepted as normal popular music. Do I really have to explain that? By nature, it's politically incorrect, and challenges the pop culture of what's accepted. For instance, "Brown Sugar" was ballsiey then, and it's still ballsiey today. In fact, no radio station will play it. On the other hand, "Elenear Rigby" can be heard in super-markets and dentist offices because it's soothing and harmless. At any rate, I'm always willing to expand my horizon, excluding RadioHead, because I know your blowing them out, and Oasis, whom I deplore, lay some music that's directly descends from the Beatles pop culture on all of us.
Are we talking about the same genre? Metal? Culturally unacceptable? Thats why Metallica sell so little records and so few people have Slayer shirts right and you NEVER see dudes with mullets walking around in Pantera shirts!

Its called Eleanor Rigby, and harmless? You keep going on about the song likes its something Celine Dion did, the song is extremely sad. How am I blowing radiohead out? and sure; Beulah, the Apples in Stereo, Neutral Milk Hotel, Elliott Smith, Of Montreal, Blur, Elton John, and someone more knowledgeable could probably think of plenty of others.