Music Banter - View Single Post - The White Stripes
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 01:58 PM   #384 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
I'm not saying they should have tried to animate the crowd more, but a little more interaction (save for "Hello, I'm Jack White, this is Meg White, goodnight" - those are literally the only words they spoke) would be nice...like "Hello, glad to be here, you're a pretty groovy crowd" or something. Zero interaction made me kinda think they were just doing a job instead of really enjoying it. Don't get me wrong, they kicked a lot of ass...it's just a minor objection...if that.
Well I'm sure it has to do with Jack's idea of art. I mean, Rembrandt doesn't interact with you when you look at his works. Nor does Michaelangelo, Stravinsky, or Keats. I think to Jack, people are there to take in the art and too much stage presence would be (in his mind) self-glorifying. We're also talking about a man who could care less for the press. I think part of him shies away from coming off like artists he might feel aren't really artists.

This is no attack man, im just spinning it in perspective. When i saw them, he was the same. I felt it was par for the course.