Music Banter - View Single Post - The White Stripes
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 02:07 PM   #385 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog View Post
Well I'm sure it has to do with Jack's idea of art. I mean, Rembrandt doesn't interact with you when you look at his works. Nor does Michaelangelo, Stravinsky, or Keats. I think to Jack, people are there to take in the art and too much stage presence would be (in his mind) self-glorifying. We're also talking about a man who could care less for the press. I think part of him shies away from coming off like artists he might feel aren't really artists.

This is no attack man, im just spinning it in perspective. When i saw them, he was the same. I felt it was par for the course.
After two years, you're still not sure how I'm gonna interpret your posts? A little more credit perhaps?

Anyhoo, I disagree, music is nothing like literature or painting, it's much more interactive than that. Why do gigs if not to please the crowd and connect with the fans? If they were just satisfied with making music and letting people enjoy it, why not just put out cd's and music videos and leave it at that?

As far as stage presence goes, he has plenty of it, he's a rock God and acts it (these aren't exactly geriatric shows), but it seemed to me like he was trying to faze out the crowd, like he was avoiding looking at us or acknowledging our existence...maybe he's just too into his music...

Last.fm
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote