Music Banter - View Single Post - Interesting emo/screamo music
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 11:09 AM   #38 (permalink)
Trauma
snickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickendude View Post
Having dual vocals and acoustic songs (From Autumn to Ashes had acoustic songs) is far from "pushing the boundaries". They sing about war and ignorance/blind acceptance, which are things that are important to them and nice issues to try to tackle, but bands like Portraits of Past and Union Young America sang about them over a decade before and said it much better.
Having those things doesn't mean they "push boundaries", I said that's why they're awesome.
If you read what I said I never mentioned they "pushed boundaries" at all.
I'm sure you could compare their lyrical subject matter to POP, but still, not their recording quality.
Quote:
And then bands like Don Martin 3 told stories that are absolutely beautiful. 1905 really just can't compare lyrically. They aren't saying anything new and aren't doing anything new with their music. I appreciate the things that they stand for, I just am not going to fall in love with them when they aren't that original and so many bands of the late 80s/early 90s were far more successful in translating their political beliefs into songs.
Don't disagree with most of that, but I think the same-old-same-old way they play is pleasing to the ears, maybe just because they know how to make music so well.
Quote:
And I don't listen to most "screamo" bands. I say the same things about them. I find pretty much any band post2k (there are exceptions) trendy and also unoriginal. 1905 is not a "screamo" band, anyway.
Well put, but you can't deny 1905 as a screamo band.
Even though I have them as crust punk in my itunes, there is a definitive "screamo sound" in their music.