Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Eminem/D12 Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2005, 06:44 PM   #107 (permalink)
Raine
Full-Time Hellion

I do not rescend anythind I said in my previous post. And the reason I'm writing this one is because sometimes I let my own ego and arrogance runaway with me.
So this one is for the juggalo dude.

I kinda understand what's you're saying. But to be honest with you, people (or a good deal of them) are what my friend likes to call 'sheep.' They follow what they see everyone else doing without really knowing why they're following a trend or fad.
And a lot of the people I go to school with are like that. Heck some of my friends are like that about some things. And I'm not trying to say I'm my own person as much as I'd like to believe that, and so I'm pretty sure I am just like everyone else in the sense that there are things I do that I probably do because other people do.
To get to the point, yes Em is not the best rapper in the world, and I do have a personal rudge against him because you often hear about him making appearances on MTV instead of BET. And I dunno why I like him as much as i do. And I don't really care. I mean lets think about it. He is one of the many rappers today who thrives on the media who is at least half way decent. I'm sorry but I have a personal grudge against 50 cent and Jay-Z. And I don't consider 50 cent rap and you don't wanna hear my views on Jay.
Eminem is one of the few rappers today who is in the media and who is commercial and who just about everyone knows and who is half way decent. Snoop doesn't count because can you actually call some of his latest songs rap? Dre hasn't put out an album in who knows how long.

And yes I have seen Eminem in concert. Of course I also went to the concert because it featured Papa Roach. (It was an angermanagement concert)
I also went because Limp Bizkit was there. but I'm straying from the point yet again.

For starters I didn't and still don't care too much for your attitude towards my views on Eminem not that it matters to you since it barely matters to me.
Secondly you obviously haven't met that many people if you haven't met a black fan of Eminem cause i know quite a few. Although most of the black people I know who like eminem usually like him because everyone else around thm likes him or because they see him as the only alternative when your other options are Jay-Z, 50 cent, Lil Bow Wow (who is not a rapper), Lil Zayne and all those other crazy people with Lil in their name, and lets not forget Cashmoney.

And I think part of the reason you see white teenage girls at his concerts is because of the fact that Eminem is also currently one of the more attractive rappers out there. I mean take a poll and you won't even find a black chic who finds 50 cent, Jay-Z, and any other black rapper. I'm don't even pass for white most days of the week and I think Eminem is sexy.
Whole 'sex sells' concept is no longer limited to Britney Spears (who is ugly), Avril Lavigne (who I loathe) and all of those other white chics out there who are in the pop industry.

And I can't address the clothes issue because I don't understand what the hype is about du-rags, wife beaters, wearing your pants around your knees and stuff.
if that is what you call trendy hip hop fashion then please don't show me what isn't trendy.
Although I own about 16 wife beaters and most of them are black, grey, white and blue.

And I'd much prefer to listen to Eminem than Jay-Z. I'm sorry my hate for him is just that strong.

Peace out.

~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Raine is offline   Reply With Quote