Music Banter - View Single Post - Noob Advice...
Thread: Noob Advice...
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2007, 03:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Novice
Groupie

Default Noob Advice...

I'm trying to find a good place to let some people listen to the beats/songs I've been toying with. I don't really know of anyone local to take stuff like this to and I'm trying to get an idea on what kind of progress I'm making, AKA, does it suck?

I'm not sure if this is the place for that sort of thing (comp generated) or if this more geared towards "real" music.

A little background for anyone who cares, I've been playing the drums for 8+ yrs on and off, have been a part of several different groups, and have toyed with several different demo versions of FL Studio over the last few years. I have recently become extremely interested in more of the studio, recording, mixing, beatmaking (or whatever the name is for all that) part of the industry rather than performing. That is to say...I'm interested, but at the moment don't know much of anything related to the aforementioned except what I've learned from playing around with demo software. I will be going to the REC Workshop in a few months to gain the knowledge I'm currently lacking.

However, I'm trying to learn/do as much as I can until then, but as I mentioned getting feedback around here (locally) has been tough. That's what I'm hoping to get here.

So if this isn't the right place for this feel free to point me in the right direction and delete this...

Thanks for the time, Jon
Novice is offline   Reply With Quote