Music Banter - View Single Post - Various Musicians Slaughter Classic Albums
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2007, 03:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

And The Bay City Rollers influenced Nirvana, that dosen't mean I have to like them.

But overall those articles are very amatuerish, and they seem to be by people who don't know much about music. And since almost all of these "musicians" are in Indie/Garage rock bands that are obscure for a reason, I'm very confident that my assumption is correct.

The whole Hippies destroyed rock n roll line is pretty lame. It's sad that it has become a general perception that if music changes, it is being ruined. So now a bunch of un-original garage/indie bands who ripped off one band and now think they are high and mighty enough to be rock critics get all the praise.

Billy Childish is a moron, "Sgt Peppers destroyed rock n roll". Well, GOOD, Rock N Roll is vain juvenile crap any way you look at it, prog rock needed to happen because it reminded people that music can be different, and not just appeal to 16 year old retards who think music should be danced to and not listened to, that it shouldn't go any deeper than songs about puppy love and f*cking. Childish (appropiate last name btw) is the kind of elitist jackass I dispise. The Beatles did something different, so they are an embarrassment to a genre of music best known for non-sensical boogie songs with suggestive lyrics about g@y butt sex? Pfft.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.

Last edited by boo boo; 06-15-2007 at 03:25 PM.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote