Music Banter - View Single Post - The White Stripes
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2007, 05:33 AM   #400 (permalink)
Hysteria__
Groupie

Can't really say enough good about this band, I've got everything they've ever released on my iPod (Although only the first four albums, and the Walking With A Ghost "single" were actually bought), and I hate how everyone knows them for the popular songs. And by everyone I don't mean the people on this forum, I mean all of the mainstream ftw kids at my school. Sure, Seven Nation Army is a good song. Might crack the Top 50 of my favorite Stripes. Some recommendations that you *might* have never heard of:

St. Ides Of March
Lafayette Blues (Much better live, though)
Red Death At 6:14
Hand Springs
Screwdriver
Stop Breaking Down
Shelter Of Your Arms
Who's To Say?
I'm Finding It Harder To Be A Gentleman
Do
And a funny little song called "Top Special".

The thing I love about the Stripes is they are so accesible, and their live shows are so easy to listen to. Also, the amount of covers thrown into different live shows is good, and the fact that Jack White often alters riffs and/or lyrics during live performances keeps it fresh. In a live Stripes show, you could be sitting there waiting patiently for your favorite song, and you might get a treat and hear a rare live song, such as Lafeyette Blues, or Jimmy The Exploder. Or you might hear a cover, like Isis, Grinnin' In Your Face, Small Faces, or For The Love Of Ivy. All in all a great band to listen to, at any time. Even great after listening to something like Circa Survive, or Armor For Sleep, and all of a sudden you're mumbling "Sugar never tasted soooo good.." to yourself.
Hysteria__ is offline   Reply With Quote