Music Banter - View Single Post - Various Musicians Slaughter Classic Albums
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2007, 04:55 AM   #70 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
Actually no it's not, Nickelback don't sound like Nirvana either.
It seems to me:

- You get all of your opinions from critics.

- Cannot fathom how people get any opinions dissenting to those.

- Cannot conceive of how people derive their own

- When they do, you relegate them to the work of madmen and morons with uninformed insults and a cadre of smiley face icons.

- You rarely, if ever, back up your opinions with any reasons (presumably, given the aforementioned statements because you can't make your own, or none were given to you). It just is or is not by your bearings.

- Everything you like smacks of pretension. I mean, did you really name drop Citizen Kane earlier in this thread? Why because its considered the greatest American film of all time? I'm sure you came in to weather some harsh criticism on that one.

- You hate Modest Mouse because he sings like ****, yet you claim to like Tom Waits who its evident Brock takes many a style and phrasing from. You claim to like David Bryne whom Brock probably takes the other 50% of his vocal styling from. So the two bands he's influenced by; Great. Him; shit.

Interesting Mr. Boo, I get the feeling that if this were 40 years ago you'd hate Led Zeppelin with the same amount of passion you hate Modest Mouse with, or more accurately, you'd hate Led Zep with the same amount of passion the critics did then.