Music Banter - View Single Post - Rihanna
Thread: Rihanna
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 09:59 AM   #27 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuzuka Skysword View Post
First of all I appreciate every genre, even pop.
Then it shouldn't be too difficult for you to name a few better alternatives to Rihanna.
Quote:
Second of all death metal does not always talk about satan. In fact a lot of them don't talk about satan. I can get so many people to back me up on this that it isn't even funny. That stereotype of death metal is used so much even though it even lacks fact to back it up. I don't quite understand.
I was merely using the same kind of stereotyping you used previously:
Quote:
A. Breaking up
B. Thinking about that person
C. How good that person looks
D. First time they saw them
to demonstrate just how retarded your argument was. Obviously, not all pop songs are about love, in fact, the song in question is (if I'm not mistaken) about friendship...

Quote:
Start commenting on my favorite bands because I don't care as long as you back it up with good reasoning and not go off on some rant about how anyone can do a good death grunt because they can't.
You mean like when you discard all contemporary pop based on snobby generalizations and prejudice? Hypocritical much?
Quote:
And how can I not know something about pop when I am bombarded with it every day?
Because you stated you don't enjoy the genre, call me stupid, but that doesn't exactly make you qualified to judge artists belonging to this specific genre...just like I'm not qualified to utter crap about jazz, or METAL.

Quote:
Why do we have to pick a mainstream artist?
Because I know a good number of indie alternatives to mainstream pop, but that's not the topic of this discussion.

Last.fm
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote