Music Banter - View Single Post - The Rolling Stones or the Beatles?
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2007, 04:39 PM   #90 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by almauro View Post
Have you listened to "Sticky Fingers"? It doesn't sound like you have. The first 3.5 songs lay the template for all 80's and 90's metal bands.
Yeah, Zeppelin, Purple, Sabbath and Priest had absolutely nothing to do with it. Blue Cheer are more important to metal than The Stones, and most people don't even know who they are.

Quote:
Track #1, NASTY, Track #2 NASTY, Track #3 "Wild Horses" BALLAD.
Wait a minute, Rock N Roll anthems and ballads on THE SAME ALBUM? Wow. That kind of versatility hasn't been heard in the music scene since Aerosmith.

Quote:
But they don’t stop there. Next was the classic "Can't you Here Me Knocking" which starts out as your NASTY standard Stone's song, however mid-stream it morphs into a jazz-fusion classic as Mick Taylor delivers one of prog. rocks most memorable guitar workouts.

If Can't You Hear Me Knocking is Jazz Fusion and Prog. Then Smells Like Teen Spirit is Symphonic Thrash Polka.

Quote:
Not only do the Stones subvert their own classic sound, but they change direction so seamlessly, that the fusion sound becomes all their own. From there the Stones move on to gospel, blues, country rock, and dare I say it...pop music.
Rolling Stones pop phase was pretty weak IMO.

And you're really overstating their versatility... Two of their most popular songs Brown Sugar and Start Me Up sound very music alike, the riffs are very samiliar. Their music has always been derivative of itself. This isn't a bad thing of course, but no one ever goes on about how amazingly versatile The Ramones are. So why The Rolling Stones? Fanboism.

Quote:
Truly, the first progressive rock record. Nothing has covered more musical terrain since.
Oh. My. God.

Normally I would flip out at something like this, but I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt because I'm convinced that you are functionally retarded.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.

Last edited by boo boo; 06-23-2007 at 04:49 PM.