Music Banter - View Single Post - Curse Words
Thread: Curse Words
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2005, 08:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
sikoholickkouboi
Music Addict

Default Curse Words

Curse words. Are they one of the dumbest social conventions around today or what? I mean these certain words that you are not supposed to say because they are "dirty". And who decides which words are dirty? Is there some kinda committee of old Conservative Republican Christians? It could spread around that "cornbread" is a dirty word and within a year's time, the sheepish moral majority and some old bluehairs would be all uppity whenever they heard someone use it just in a f***ing casual as h*ll sentence. "Haha, yeeaah, let me see some cornbread, girl". "Well, I never". The Japanese have no such concept and actually find this amusing when learning our language. And the FCC? A board who decides what it's safe for us to f***ing hear? Gimme a break. Unfortunately, I wouldn't want my kid to get a lot of trouble and heat for this, so obviously I would discourage it from him for that reason alone, as long as I lived the states. And that's IF I were to become a father, which is right at the bottom of my to do list below Chinese Water Torture.
sikoholickkouboi is offline   Reply With Quote