Music Banter - View Single Post - capitalism: why so anti?
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 08:09 AM   #56 (permalink)
joyboyo53
down the rabbit hole

wow this thread has got people talking. ok so here is my point of view.

like many of you said before every government system is flawed. that is because they are all creations of man (like religion) and thus are going to continued to be flawed. they will however get better and better, but never perfect. my biggest problem with capitalism is they way you get raised. people stop being taught what is WRONG or RIGHT but what is LOGICAL and what ISNT. like regardless of what i feel like im being called to do in life i ignore it to an extent because i feel it is LOGICAL to get a engineering degree. people dont think its LOGICAL to take care of their parents so they put them into god awful retirement homes all lonely and whatnot. beyond that, it has definitely been quite successful. the reason so many punk bands are anti capitalist is because they usually feel cheated by the system (were poor growing up) and want to 'rebel' against it by writing catchy songs their friends might like. then one day someone says 'these guys actually arnt that bad and could sell some records' and 90% of them hop on the $$$-train and say goodbye to ACTUALLY being anti-capitalist...otherwise their albums would be free.

just my 2 pence
joyboyo53 is offline   Reply With Quote