Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Iraq War thread
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2007, 12:09 PM   #18 (permalink)
The Unfan
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuzuka Skysword View Post
What are you talking about? In what way is the bible sexist?
"But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God." - I Corinthians 11:3

"For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man. Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man." - I Corinthians 11:8-9

"Let the women learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." - I Timothy 2:11-14

These verses make it very apparent that the man is above the woman. Also, an often removed book called Ecclesiasticus is pretty much about how much of a burden women are and how its their fault that we die. In its purist form the bible is nothing short of hate mongering anti-woman propaganda.

Quote:
I mean Jesus said love you neighbor as yourself and I think that pretty much debunks "the bible is sexist" theory alone.
Jesus also says to hate yourself and your family.

"If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple." - Luke 14:26

So I guess that also means to hate your neighbor.

Quote:
And how the heck are you going to make the decision that all Christians are dumb?
Anyone who believes an all powerful being is even close to feasible is a moron.
Quote:
What exactly made you point that out? Is it because you have to use a insult to sound smart so that you will have a better structure in your sentence?
I'm sorry for being smarter than you. Happy?

Quote:
I will agree that most people who profess to be Christians don't open their Bible, apart from Sunday, but that is because they don't even want to follow what we are supposed to.
I'd rather have more christians not follow the bible. Any person who is happy to smash kids against rocks is a sick individual. Anyone who would stone a woman to death for cheating on her husband is wicked. Anyone who hates everyone based on a book alone is outright nuts. Anyone who follows the bible is an *******.

Quote:
Have you actually ever read the whole Bible?
Yes.
The Unfan is offline   Reply With Quote