Music Banter - View Single Post - Sex Offender in MY Neighbourhood
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2007, 05:03 PM   #70 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice_of_the_Soul12,13,01 View Post
Yes, it is ok. If you knock a vase over, does your mommy just clean it up for you? No. If she were a good parent, she'd make you clean it up. That's your punishment for being careless. By executing someone for committing something heinous, you are maintaining order and sending a message out to the rest of society that the government will not tolerate such crimes. Rule by the fear of force.
Rule by fear of force? What do you propose a dictatorship? Where courtrooms have the firing squad next to the jury and instead of the ring of a gavel we have a fusillade at the end? Whos going to lead, the "president"? But obviously hes going to be special, even if he say, shoots someone in the face he won't get punished, he'd never have to sometimes stand naked he'd be better he'd be the one to decide who gets killed, thrown to the wolves, and or tortured right?

Quote:
Actions by themselves are in no way right or wrong, but it's the reasons for those actions that define it's morality or lack of. A man rapes and murders his wife because she didn't put out/she cheated on him/she came out. The man is then sentenced to death for his actions to punish him and to maintain order. Which murder is justified?
Yeah but back to the vase, what if you accidentally knock it over? Should you have to pay? Lets say you're hunting and you accidentally shoot someone, you didn't see them but you hit them should you be killed for something you didn't want to have done? No of course not, its not the action its the motive, right? He probably shouldn't get as much jail time as a serial killer, but still putting that murder on the same level as stabbing someone to death? Thats not right.

As the unfan said earlier neither. There is no way a society can progress if were not after the best and most fair decision for every person, were just out for payback.

Quote:
So, you'd rather have a society that thrives on a weak judicial system
Its weak because its not a killing machine? It takes strength to be gentle and kind.

Quote:
Tolerance will only lead to stagnation.
That is the single most disgusting and ignorant thing I have ever read. Do we start creating regimes, rules and take away freedom? Lets just piddle away our time trying to make this nation as fascist as possible otherwise we'd all be going to hell right? "What? you're a homosexual? Fetch the rope! We can't tolerate that." People like you make me sad for america.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote