Music Banter - View Single Post - Atmospheric "post"-Metal
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007, 12:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
Inuzuka Skysword
Existential Egoist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound Devastation View Post
we're in need of some good music in this forum as theyre obviously lots of you with good taste..

so this is a thread to discuss:
New Neurosis album, good or bad progression?
New Pelican album, too happy?
New Isis album, too boring?
The excellence of Kayo Dot
How good MARE were before they split
The exciting new bands in the genre eg. Mouth of the Architect, Rosetta, Kongh, Amenra, Flatlands, Sunshine Republic... and any more you suggest.

favourites?
First off I have not listened to the new Neurosis album so I can't really judge that. The new Pelican album was great. Even though it didn't pick the mood we so eloquently love in post-metal, it played very uplifting, which is quite new to the genre. The new Isis album was absolutely amazing. It didn't surpass Panopticon (IMO their best record,) but some of their climaxes blew my head off. If you have a short attention span then most of Isis's music will be boring, but to a person like me, it was a great record.

Kayo Dot is great though I would never put them over Isis, which IMO is the best Post-Metal band, but they are great. As for Rosetta well they are great and show real potential. Their album's sound and feel was unique and I consider it a great album.
Inuzuka Skysword is offline   Reply With Quote