Music Banter - View Single Post - Funeral Diner
Thread: Funeral Diner
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007, 09:05 PM   #20 (permalink)
xcassiusx
Music Addict

Um...Correct me if I'm wrong, but the guy that runs Fourfa, he just drummed for Funeral Diner?

That would mean he's also drummed in Portraits of Past.
Which makes him an emo/screamo legend.

Anyways, besides their newest release "doors open" they've always been a great band and probably one of top choices to help someone get into screamo, or one of the best choices for overall solid screamo band. "Doors Open" wasnt terrible, it's just the sad fact there wasnt anything special about it. But you can't blame them at all, they've released so much it's bound to happen eventually.

They're just a great band, whether it's covering a Rites Of Spring song in an completely different and unique style, to playing some good ol' typical fast and high pitched chaotic screamo, to an extremely brilliant and artsy masterpiece of an album ("the underdark")

PS: it's also fun that they covered one of the band mates former bands, (plus it's an amazing song nonetheleess) Portraits Of Pasts "journeyman"

Extra PS: in my own personal opinion, they're not terrible, but they're are not a band I can listen to over and over constantly. It's understandable that people view them as "overrated" but in my post that was just the overall view I see of them when looking over their entire span.
xcassiusx is offline   Reply With Quote