Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2007, 08:56 AM   #3468 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Ok, I have to get this out of my system.

GODDAMN Robert Christgau is a f*cking imbecile. Yeah yeah, opinions, everyone has them, but giving Lou Reeds Metal Machine Music a better review than Frank Zappas Hot Rats is just, ugh.

He attacks Dr Dre for being sexist, but praises Eminem for the same reason. Calls Black Sabbath a stupid band for idiots, but gives a good review to Poisons Open Up and Say Ah! HES NOT EVEN A GOOD JOURNALIST. Goddamn, just read one of his essays, this is a guy who has to write long boring pages about the technique of every member of The New York Dolls, he writes like an obsessed punk rock fanboy. His consumer guide is a bunch of crap, every review is a short rant that generally has nothing to do with the actual damn review, endless rants about how much he hates pretentiousness (lol), dissing Yes on a handful of reviews that aren't even f*cking about Yes, even bragging about how refined and cultured he is, on almost every alvum. is it so convienent to pay people load of money just for being a smug, ignorant assh*le? I guess obnoxious pseudo intellectualism is still cool. Curse you gonzo journalism.

Its hard to decide who is worse, Christgau or Sheffield.

Journalists observe our culture, theres nothing wrong with that. But goddamn if these people have the right to tell us how we should live it, weither its what we watch or what we listen to, or how we dress or how we talk. I have always had a problem with music critics. Is there anything more meaningless in the history of popular literature? Anything?

Everyone has an opinion, why does anyone have to be paid for it? Weither its critics or pundits. A music critic has a right to brag about how much more they know about music than people who actually own a goddamn musical instrument? A collage education makes you more important than me? It means your opinions are more worthy of being heard than mine? F*ck off.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.

Last edited by boo boo; 07-14-2007 at 09:21 AM.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote