Music Banter - View Single Post - What is the best emo band??(HONEST OPINIONS!!!)
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2007, 12:00 PM   #88 (permalink)
beat yr own KID
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockchick View Post
The reason so many teenagers these days think these newer rock bands are emo is because its marketed that way,i'm 34 years old and i even thought those bands were emo until i did some digging online and found out emo really started like a decade ago and i've NEVER heard of any of those bands. But i can see why kids nowadays think this stuff is emo,i even found a book at Barnes & Noble called "Everybody Hurts; A Guide to the Emo Culture" and all over it is MCR,FOB,Dashboard Confessional,Good Charlotte,all these bands that true emo fans can't stand. So you cant totally blame the kids for believing these bands are emo when it's all they're told. I myself LOVE MCR because the songs are good and i think the guys in the band are smart and talented. I dont hold it against them that they sound different now compared to "Bullets..." because every band changes,why get on their ass for it?
There is a difference between changing yr style because you want to play different music and changing yr style just to appeal more to the masses.
I was dead. This was hell. There were no demons, no hellfire or brimstone, just a deep, complete feeling of darkness and hopelessness. This was the never-ending void. Not at all how I had imagined it, but worse than I thought that it could have been.