Music Banter - View Single Post - pink floyd.. syd or roger?
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 12:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Gilmour and Wright are good songwriters in their own right.

In fact, Wright wrote the bulk of Us & Them, probably my favorite Floyd song, Great Gig In The Sky is another great piece by him.

Gilmour is a weak lyricist, but his ear for good melody far surpasses Waters', all you have to do is compare his solo work to Water's, Gilmour's is far superior on a musical level.

A lot of people like to diss post Waters Floyd, but I find myself liking The Division Bell quite a lot, the lyrics are sappy as f*ck, but the music is very tight IMO. If they put out another album just as good, and without Waters, I wouldn't mind.

There has been a lot of talk since Live 8 about a full fledged reunion. But thats just a bunch of crap.

A Pink Floyd reunion with Waters would be sweet, but as far as them making another album together I dunno, Waters has become such an egomaniac, he would probably take over everything like he did with The Final Cut, making it out to be just another solo record. If he could put it all aside and realise that there is more to Pink Floyd than just Roger Waters, then that would be great.

But I wouldn't count on anything like that ever happening, as of now, Gilmour and Waters still hate each others guts, The Ramones are statistically more likely to reunite than Floyd and Waters, and they're all dead.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.

Last edited by boo boo; 07-19-2007 at 12:08 PM.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote