Music Banter - View Single Post - I'm a Music Snob
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 07:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Larkrise
Music Addict

Default I'm a Music Snob

I admit that I am a music snob. The music I like is the best music and no one will convince me otherwise.

I figured out just how much of a snob I am about a year and a half ago when I went into this vinyl store and asked if they have this specific classical record. The gentleman said "we do in cassette." I said to him, "eww you cannot listen to classical music on cassette." My story does not end there though. Last summer I was going shopping with my boyfriend and his friend who is also a self proclaimed music snob. We started arguing in a store over which bands should only be listened to on certain mediums. For instance, 80's hair bands and Rush should be listened to on only cassette. 70's music should be listened to on 8-track unless the band started before 1970, then it is alright to listen to it on vinyl. However, Kiss should only be listened to in 8-track form while cruising in a 1973 Chevelle. You should only listen to music on CD if it is a band that started after CDs were created.

Don't get me wrong though. I do enjoy a large variety of music. I suppose that you wouldn't find a larger variety of vinyl, cassette tapes, CD's and 8-tracks unless you went to a music store. I do know that my music intellect is not as good as it should be considering I am a self-proclaimed snob. When you think about all the other types of snobs I could be, I suppose I am happy to be a music snob.

Does anyone else consider themselves to be a music snob?

Larkrise is offline   Reply With Quote