Music Banter - View Single Post - Why do you like Country?
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 09:27 PM   #16 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
Your from London, so like myself you usually don't have an affinity with C & W, as it's quintessentially American. Just the same as a lot of acoustic folk is associated with the U.K. I don't like Country as a rule, but it's a music form as valid as any other to people who like it. The country that we brits hear on the radio etc, is not necessarily the real essence of the genre. I'm sure there are a couple of bands out there who I could probably get into.
Since when is alot of acoustic folk associated with the UK? Compared to the amount of american folk artists (Phil Ochs, Pete Seeger, Bob Dylan, Woody Guthrie, etc) and recently (Elliott Smith, Sam Beam, Mike Kinsella, Jeff Mangum).

Anyway, what you hear on the radio isn't country, its more like southern pop. I hate it when people assume all that Garth Brooks **** is what country is all about, with the amount of hype Johnny Cash gets you'd expect people to at least somewhat expect theres more to it.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote