Music Banter - View Single Post - Where are you from?
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 02:16 PM   #107 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgd85 View Post
Have not moved much further? In our countries some odd 250 years of freedom and capitalism we went from being a country that didn't exist to arguably the super power of the world. That has never occurred in that short of a duration in the history of time. Especially considering we were on a new land without any good trade neighbors. It is not to say we don't have more ground to cover... but give me a break, this country has done some unbelievable things.

ps - and our country has gone through multiple devistating wars during that time.
I meant human rights wise...I believe only China executes more people than Texas each year? Also, what was the last war actually fought on U.S. soil? The civil war some 150 years ago? Yeah, that's certainly comparable...

In any case, this topic is about Texas, which may or may not get an unfair bad rep. To be completely honest, I don't have a very high opinion of your country, save for the bigger cities, or just New York. The rest is pretty much hick-ville...:-/

*ignorant and blissful*

Last.fm
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote