Music Banter - View Single Post - Top-50 All-time (Rough Draft)
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 07:40 AM   #111 (permalink)
Son of JayJamJah
Occams Razor

Re: Green Day

I don't understand why anyone would disrespect them. I can see not enjoying their music I myself am not a huge fan, Dookie was amazing, I enjoyed their most recent album with the exception of the title track and like 5-10 other songs from in between like minority and good riddance. But back to my point, they are one of the most succesful bands of the last 15 years and have adjusted theur style accordingly to stay mainstream while still staying original. I concede that they are not the most talented technical band, but they put on an incredible show that is chalked full of energy and passion and their fans are crazy for them. They have reached much higher levels of commercial success then most "punk rock" bands of the previous generation and all in their own generation and while people like to put them down (pardon the who pun) for not being true punk rockers I think thats absurd. They never labeled themselves that way so why hold it against them.

Just my 2-cents. I think they are one of the most important bands of this and the previous decade and I believe history will take my side once it is written.
Son of JayJamJah is offline   Reply With Quote