Music Banter - View Single Post - Election 2004
Thread: Election 2004
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2004, 08:02 PM   #15 (permalink)
jibber
Freeskier

Location: Istanbul was Constantinople now it's Istanbul not Constantinople...
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAlejo
Hey, I see all you guys saying that you hate Bush. I'm just wondering why. And if you say one thing I'm gonna ask you why we haven't invaded Saudi Arabia which is the probably the most rich oil country in the world. So just wondering.
Now on to why the US would never attack Saudi Arabia. Saudi has been the US's biggest resource in the middle east, giving them access to HUGE ammounts of oil (the majority of oil consumed in the US comes from Saudi oil feilds). If one strategically placed attack on one of the oil fields took place, it would be enough to basically cripple the economy. Scenario: a single attack takes place on the Abqaiq extralight crude complex stableizing towers (towers filled with hydrogen sulfide used to refine the oil for it to be useable by consumers) and one of the most vital parts of the saudi oilt pipeline is gine, not to mention the effects the hydrogen sulfide has on the people living there. Abqaiq is only one of hundreds of vital oil fields, if only five of these fields were hit, Saudi would be out of the oil producing business for about 2 years, and seeing as how they are the main supplier of oil to the US (and much of the rest of the world), I doubt any preseident would want to go for that.
jibber is offline   Reply With Quote