Music Banter - View Single Post - Top-50 All-time (Rough Draft)
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 11:31 AM   #156 (permalink)
i get high sometimes
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
@jgd85

Who would suggest to replace those four in the top 10. I am pretty sure I'll be keeping Clapton there as I feel you greatly under rate him as a 20-40 guy. Still I respect your opinion and would like to know who you would bump up and why.

@ Sometimes I get High

Duane Allman had a small influence on Rock Guitar Players and who are Eric B and Rakim opening for? Also which genre is more significant in music history. Today's Allmans are not the Idle wild South boys.
So 'Duane Allman had a small influence on rock guitar players' and Eric B and Rakim influenced nearly the entire genre of Alternative hip hop along with KRS-One and A Tribe Called Quest. And what do you mean which genre is more significant? Alt Rap music has only been around for about 20 years, as opposed to rock music which is nearly 60 years old. You don't think that the rap movement will become one of the most significant events in music history? It already has become that, along with rock music in the late 40s and 50s, pop-rock in the 60s, punk in the 70s, hair metal/stadium rock on the 80s, and undoubtedly, the most important musical movement of the 90s was the rap movement. The Allman Brothers Band were a footnote, Eric B and Rakim along with the Native Tounge Collective influenced an entire genre. They were pioneers.
i get high sometimes is offline   Reply With Quote