Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Dead Kennedys/Jello Biafra Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2005, 11:46 AM   #38 (permalink)
Anarchy doll
punk rock mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookers with machineguns
Well, what can you say? There are so many of these self proclaimed "punk rockers" who spew out these shrines to typical, overly talked about punk "icons" like Joey and Sid Vicious, and at the same time insult MTV and mainstream fanbase, when they are just as popular (if not moreso) than most of the rock acts on television & radio. Being consistent is one thing, but attacking "popular" bands that are just as popular as your stylings is silly. I'm personally sick of people who think of the Pistols, and think of Vicious before everyone else. I'm sick of hearing about DK, and then people talking about Holiday in Cambodia. Black Flag, then it's Rollins. THe Ramones, then it's blizkrieg bop. I guess I'm missing the point here, but if you ask me, these people are missing the point moreso.
I really wish that you would not hate all those because of their experience or age, instead of badmouthing ppl who have not had a chance to experience ALL that punk has to offer, why not offer to teach or provide samples of it...? I give everything posted on this site a spin, and I end up buying a new cd almost all the time from bands I found on here...
Anarchy doll is offline   Reply With Quote