Music Banter - View Single Post - Best band of all time poll
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 09:41 AM   #89 (permalink)
The Unfan
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post

Any band who joins a record label (major or indie, mattets not) is a sell out. If you're selling your art as product. You're selling out, thats a fact. Every band you like has sold out a long time ago.
These sentences (?) are punctuated so horribly that I'm not even sure if its English. There are plenty of bands who are signed to labels who do it for the music and got lucky. I wouldn't call them sell outs by any means. Also, art is a plausible business, I don't see why using it as such is a bad thing. The problem occurs when when smaller artists/distributors/companies/labels/whatever else fall behind because they're not as fiscally privileged as some of the bigger ones. Only then does it turn into a marketing race where the art quits mattering.

Quote:
Devos version of Satisfaction?
Judas Priest's version of Paint It Black.

Quote:
Oh my bad. This is a guy who makes threads like "Some generic prog band no one cares about is the greatest band ever and I'm gonna scold anyone who disagrees" and "And this is the worst band ever and I refuse to acknowledge they have talent even though they do and I'm gonna scold anyone who disagrees and even go as far as to tell them they are a rotten human being for liking them", so to expect you to have respect for anyones opinion is out of the question.
A guitar is never a turntable.

Quote:
Even your avatar is unappologetically obnoxious. Everything about you says "please ban me".
Its also amateurishly obnoxious. However, as far as being unapologetic about politics I'll be the first to admit it. Why should I be apologetic for something I feel so strongly about?
The Unfan is offline   Reply With Quote