Music Banter - View Single Post - Kurt Cobain would be 40 this year
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 04:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
Larkrise
Music Addict

Well when I heard of his suicide, yeah I was pissed. I was one of those, "Kurt is my husband, I love him more than myself, obsessed with him and the hatred of Courtney Love" people. I was your age when he died. I heard about it in grade 9 Religion class. lol thinking back I realize how immature I was back then. It wasn't like I really knew this guy. It was just an obsession I had. Like you, Nirvana was also the first band I loved. There was like this bond between all Nirvana fans everywhere. Like we all really got each other. Some who never experienced this will laugh and likely think we are all dumb, but this is how it was. Nirvana represented my youth. Today, Nirvana still represents my youth, but I am not the fan I used to be.

Today whenever I here people talk about Nirvana I just roll my eyes. I guess it's just that I feel they are talking about me...making fun of me or mocking me in some way. I also don't think the people who are into them nowadays really understand the impact they had back when Kurt was alive. It's almost as if they are trying to pretend to be someone they aren't. I also find their music boring now. I don't think it's because I over played them. I think it's because I have grown up. I don't need Nirvana anymore. It's not that I disrespect them, I'm just apathetic.

Larkrise is offline   Reply With Quote