Music Banter - View Single Post - Californication, Red Hot Chili Peppers, 1999 Warner Brothers
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2007, 10:12 PM   #21 (permalink)
MHDTV
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I never said it was bad, I said it was bland. And I do like Frusciante best, but that maybe because I think his solo work is better than RHCP. and teenage angst poetry? Why don't I pull up my favorite verses by the people I call my favorite songwriters?

Blake Sennett: "August i'll see you soon / under yellow moons / where i'll gather whats left of you / and august im on your side / or did I speak too soon? / now we've crossed the great divide"

Elliott Smith: "Drink up, baby, look at the stars / ill kiss you again between the bars / where im seeing you there / with your hands in the air / waiting to finally be caught"

Patrick Wolf: "A boy like me is told he is both nine and ninety / And boy like me should shut those books join the army / but a boy like me would never be seen fighting for peace / I want total chaos and a holiday home in the east"

Will Sheff: "if I could tear his throat / and spill his blood between my jaws / and erase his name for good / don’t you know that I would? / Don't you realize I wouldn’t pause / that I would cut him down with my claws / if I could have somehow never let that happen."

Conor Oberst: "Now that its june, we’ll sleep out in the garden / and if it rains, we’ll just sink in to the mud / where it is quiet and much cooler than the house is / and there's no clocks or phones to wake us up / because i have / learned that nothing is as pressing / as the one who is pressing would like you to believe / and i'm content to walk a little slower / because there's nowhere that i really need to be"

I don't see where you drew that statement from.
You took that comment way too seriously, lol. By the way, you took the worst lyrics from the entire song as an example. That Patrick Wolf bit is absolutely horrible. He contradicts himself horribly.

Finally, a signature that's chewy not chalky!

Let's agree to disagree.