Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Iraq War thread
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 09:26 PM   #164 (permalink)
Alexander the Grape
Un****withable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice_of_the_Soul12,13,01 View Post
To the first part; I'm not saying it WILL lead to stagnation, I'm saying it CAN. The strong will spend all their energy helping out the weak. You would think this'll make society stronger, but it doesn't; The weak get all this help from people better than them, and what has the weak gained? Nothing except whatever resulted from someone elses work.
source?

Quote:
Second part; I believe that if it happens, it's natural. There is nothing abnormal in this world, not really. We just perceive it as unnatural because it goes against the norms we've grown accustomed to. A child SHOULDN'T have to die, but children do, unfortunately. It's just something we have to accept.
You never have to accept a child's death. Or anyone's. Ironically you sound like the ****head in your little story. You don't have to accept what life gives you, you can "fight back and beat the system." Your statment is very similar to a poor person saying "I'll never rise above poverty, so I should be a lazy ass and leech off of welfare." Obviously I don't think all (or even most) poor people are like that. lol obligatory apologist liberal disclaimer

Quote:
Third Part; Where did I say that gang-raping and starvation were ok? It's meaningless torture. If there IS a just reason to attack a country, it's to stop that **** from happening, one way or another.
Quote:
I believe that if it happens, it's natural.
Does that help answer your question? You didn't state it, but your posts imply that you have the attitude that a person should only look after themselves, because helping others makes someone weak. (NEWSFLASH, it takes a much stronger person to sacrifice themselves for another then to be selfish)