Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Iraq War thread
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 10:12 PM   #165 (permalink)
Voice_of_the_Soul12,13,01
#1 Schuldinist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander the Grape View Post
source?

You never have to accept a child's death. Or anyone's. Ironically you sound like the ****head in your little story. You don't have to accept what life gives you, you can "fight back and beat the system." Your statment is very similar to a poor person saying "I'll never rise above poverty, so I should be a lazy ass and leech off of welfare." Obviously I don't think all (or even most) poor people are like that. lol obligatory apologist liberal disclaimer

Does that help answer your question? You didn't state it, but your posts imply that you have the attitude that a person should only look after themselves, because helping others makes someone weak. (NEWSFLASH, it takes a much stronger person to sacrifice themselves for another then to be selfish)
I wasn't implying that a person should be entirely selfish with their power. Lend a helping hand now and then for small stuff, of course, but don't sacrifice yourself for someone who isn't willing to put in any effort.

IT takes a BIGGER person to sacrifice themselves for another than to be selfish. People more tied to beliefs like most of you guys, such as helping others. I'm not trying to disrespect you, but I'm just saying there are people out there who will find you (friends, family, for instance) and leech off of what makes you great.

Now, this'll be my final post in this thread because I think I've done more than enough to derail this thread off topic. If any of you are so insistent to continue debating/arguing (potayto, potahto), just PM me.

Final words (ooh so touching); I'm not trying to disrespect anyone here, as I said. Everyone has their beliefs. I have mine, and you have yours. Beliefs of what makes life stronger and more prosperous, what makes what right or wrong, etc.
And taste a memory
Of a time in life
When years seemed to stand still
Voice_of_the_Soul12,13,01 is offline   Reply With Quote