Music Banter - View Single Post - Five Songs you never want to hear Again
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 02:37 PM   #26 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Not to mention most of GnRs big singles other than November Rain are considerably long for popular rock songs. Especially Paradise City, Patience and Civil War. All are over 5 minutes.

I can understand the dislike for a November Rain, a big pomp rock epic with strings and David Gilmour-ish guitar solos is not what you would expect from the same guys who did songs like Mr Brownstone and Nighttrain.

But I still think its a good song, and as far as pure Rock N Roll bands trying to diversify themselves by doing ballads and epics go, GnR has been far more successful at it than any other c0ck rock band that has attempted to go that route (see *Aerosmith, *KISS).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
I can quite happy listen to a Can song that lasts half an hour with no effort. It's not the length of it. If this song was 2 minutes long it would still be 2 minutes too long.
I'm completely incapable of understanding how you can listen to a band who does long, inaccessible songs like Aumgn, yet diss Yes and King Crimson for the same reason, bands that actually have the talent to do long, complex compositions.

When Can do it it's often very amaterish and clumsy. For some reason that appeals to you?

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.

Last edited by boo boo; 08-07-2007 at 02:45 PM.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote