Music Banter - View Single Post - Heavy Metal Causes Violence
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 01:46 AM   #19 (permalink)
Voice_of_the_Soul12,13,01
#1 Schuldinist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i get high sometimes View Post
violent films, tv shows, and music undoubtedly have an impact on violence in the real world. These things desensitize people from a young age and devalue human life. Therefore, children grow up not recognizing the extreme that taking someones one life or hurting them badly is. They don't realize that it has a real world effect. Well, it isn't that they dont realize it, its just that the effect that it has is not shocking anymore. We've become accustomed to hearing about murder and abuse so we don't think twice about it. This most likely explains why Voice_of_the_Soul121301 thinks that the torture of children en masse is natural. And that thier brutal deaths are inevitable, and justifiable as long as it benefits him.

maybe it seems like i was taking a cheap shot here, but i type my entire reply to this thread and realized how relevant that is. I see Voice of the Soul opine about nothing other than violent death/black/whatever-the f*ck you want to call it metal music, and find that his personal philosophies are almost certainly derived from this crap. Devaluing of human life, voice is a good example I think.

But, it is art and it shouldn't be censored.
Firstly, I didn't start listening to music until about 8th grade. and even then, it was all dumbed-down ****. The most metal-y thing I was listening to was Disturbed, and no way does Disturbed instigate violence.

Secondly, I don't derive my philosophies on life from music, metal or otherwise. I THINK; You're alone alot like me, and you think.

Y'know, I'm actually getting sick of arguing with either you or that Crow-dude who I guess is Ethan on this board (saw the name in some places). All it is is just spam. So I'll just leave it with this; Video Games, Television, and any other form of media, as far as children are concerned, I will admit do have an influence, but in this case they are still not to blame. Kids have little knowledge of free will at this time, and they rely so much on their parents. So if their parents let their kids watch violent movies or play violent games or listen to the violent metal music of today, and those kids turn into another Otaku killer or another Virginia Tech massacrer, it's their fault.
And taste a memory
Of a time in life
When years seemed to stand still
Voice_of_the_Soul12,13,01 is offline   Reply With Quote