Music Banter - View Single Post - Top-50 All-time (Rough Draft)
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 08:44 PM   #332 (permalink)
Sparky
not really

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
Your logic is greatly flawed sir, as Occam's Razor clearly states that the simplest answer is always the best. So therefore the smaller the list the more accurate it is of course.

I am beyond pleased with the way the arguments have gone here, may I say a few of you need the advantage of experience to understand that opinion is the opposite of fact and it's always dangerous to assume anything else. Remember be kind to your fellow (wo)man.

Everyone will always have their own preferences and individual top 10, but my goal is to come up with a list that w ill succeed in avoiding and unanimous or near unanimous dissension and I feel we are moving in that direction.

To touch on todays argument; I feel that the Beach Boys are a slighter more significant band then Pink Floyd. The Beach Boys longevity and stand alone style gives them an edge in my book. My personal taste is mixed between both as I'd rather hear a Beach Boys single, but a Floyd Lp.
But it's nearly impossible to name the best artist. There is just too many things to base it off of. What i was merely saying is that your list would have been more effective if you had asked for our top whatever bands before proceeding to make a list.

But I'm glad/surprised your enjoying the arguments
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote