Music Banter - View Single Post - The Ultimately Pointless Thread On The Subject Of Removing The Swear Filter
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2007, 09:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
Son of JayJamJah
Occams Razor

I guess starving artless just doesn't see the seriousness of this matter. I mean seriously our lives depend on it.

@ said Artless one
Despite the completely superfluous nature of you're responses and you're inability to spot a bit of banter on a forum that derives half it's name from it, I will tell that you any censorship of profanity or any other words only lends them more credence. While my comments prior were of course made with tongue firmly in cheek they were not without a morsel of truth behind them. Is it a pressing issue that profane language is banned here, of course not, but it is another example of unnecessary censorship reinforcing mis-representative presumptions about words. Lending words power is giving a crippled or disarmed foe ammunition, it is disregarding the sticks and stones and instead allowing the names to hurt you.

What should happen of course is that everyone simply be free to express themselves as they feel aprapo and allowing the censorship to come on a personal level either by ignoring people who express themselves in a manner you find displeasing or simply using the "ignore user" feature this forum allots to it's members.

I don't see how any right thinking person could possibly disagree.