Music Banter - View Single Post - Sex, God, David Blane and other fun stuff...
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2007, 08:50 PM   #53 (permalink)
i get high sometimes
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuzuka Skysword View Post
1. Your post is unclear because it isn't very specific as to what I should and shouldn't do.
You will lose this argument. That isn't arrogance speaking, just experience.

Quote:
2. Give me you references to your information, which they are most likely found in Leviticus I would believe.
The two specific laws I alluded to are, in fact from Leviticus Ch. 20, Verses 9-21.
Those are but a few of the Bibles glorious laws, however, and only a minute fraction of the complete dispicability of Yaweh. Any book which condones the murder of those who do work on Saturday (Sunday) ex. Exodus 31:15, then gives an example of this murder ex. Numbers 15:32-36, committed by one of Christianity and Judaism's most revered figures (Moses), is not a book upon which I would base my moral code. In fact, you would have to be quite near psychotic to take these as morals.

Now, maybe you are one of those Christians who immediately throws up the excuse that Jesus Christ sacrificing himself on the cross excludes you from having to follow these "Old Testament Laws". Now, if you would like to go that route for your rebuttall, I would be glad to oblige you. I'll will just let you know, ahead of time, that argument will not stand up to the Bible. The very book which you derive your beliefs from, will very quickly kill that argument. Use it if you wish however.

Quote:
3. If I didn't care about everything the Bible says I would neither claim to be Christian, nor be here defending it. I sure as heck care about the Bible says. After all I would be killed for it.
Giving your life for a book equatable to Lord of the Rings is not a smart move.

Quote:
Faith without works is dead. End of discussion.
I'm very happy that most Christians completely ignore their dispicable holy book.
The world would be chaos if Christians were bothered enough to read the word of God and take his words at face value.

Quote:
You know what is so funny. I am told Christians are the most narrow minded people and then I see someone do this, which leads me to believe something was lost in the translation. Honestly, if you judge a religion by the people who follow it then you have a serious problem.
Have I judged the religion by its adherants at all yet? Insofar as I can remember, the only thing which I have used to judge Christianity, is the Bible. Am I not allowed to judge the religion by its Holy Book?

Quote:
Care to explain why you call it fantasy. You can't prove it wrong and you can't prove it right so I don't see how it can be called fantasy.
Why do I call it fantasy?
How can you not see that it IS fantasy? Magic, mysticism, miracles, these are elements of fantasy, not fact.

"You can't prove it wrong or right"

And the winner for Worst Point of All Time is this.

Do you know what else science CAN'T prove wrong? Goblins, Unicorns (which the Bible mentions by the way), Trolls, the Flying Spaghetti Monster, the Celestial Teapot, Orcs, Bigfoot, The Invisible Pink Unicorn, Hobbits, Witches, Wizards, Elves, Fairies, Centaurs, Zeus, Apollo, Athena, just add Yaweh to that large list. Science cannot DISPROVE the existance of anything. Because these things cannot be disproven by science, you would be willing to assume they do exist? If that isn't flawed logic then I don't know what is.

Quote:
Maybe for the first five minutes, but you won't have contact with anyone for the rest of eternity so that would suck.
Good thing no one will ever have to find out eh? Sad as it may be, Hitler, Pol Pot, you and I, will all encounter the exact same after-life.

Quote:
HI I LIKE TO MAKE FUN OF CHRISTIANS BECAUSE IT MAKES ME FEEL LIKE I AM 1337 AND COOL. I MEAN YOU BARELY HAVE TO PRESENT ANY PROOF TO MAKE FUN OF THEM BECAUSE THERE ARE SO MANY US AND BARELY ANY OF THEM THAT IT IS SO EASY.

KBYE.
Well, when you talk about how God is your savior, and we must bow down before our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, I can only thing of ancient Romans bowing before Jupiter, or the Norse worshipping Odin and Thor. Your religion is no different. No facet of it makes it more believable, it does not have an ounce more proof in favor of it than do any other religions which have ever existed.
i get high sometimes is offline   Reply With Quote