Music Banter - View Single Post - The Beatles
Thread: The Beatles
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2005, 02:02 PM   #40 (permalink)
Sneer
Let it drip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyrocker
It is refreshing to finally hear people agree that the musical talents of the Beatles were questionable!! The four members were simply the worst musicians ever to become famous. In my opinion they were responsible for the decline in musical ability shown in my generation's radio-friendly (dont get me started) artists. It is a simple premise that, the beatles music could be played by anyone that could pick up a guitar. Of course simplicity is not always fatal but in this case, i fail to see the attraction of such a MEDIOCRE band, I realise this post will cause controversy but, seriously, the word "over-rated" has never been so apt.
to say they were the worst musicians is questionable bearing in mind they were in essence a pop band and are rarely seen as a rock act, that said their latter stuff displayed some excellent use of instrumentals. i fully accept they are a bit overrated, but at the end of day its all based upon opinion and they produced arguably some of the greatest albums in music history. and i presume you will not argue with the song writing ability throughout the group? and from a person who likes radio freindly groups such as GC, blink 182, bowling for soup etc, i dont see how you can complain.
Sneer is offline   Reply With Quote