Music Banter - View Single Post - Sex, God, David Blane and other fun stuff...
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 11:38 PM   #68 (permalink)
DearJenny
Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by i get high sometimes View Post
Telling a cancer patient that they do not have cancer and can look forward to the rest of their lives, would certainly comfort an otherwise scared person, this does not however, change the fact that they will die of cancer.
Well where would be the sense in telling them they do not have cancer? That has NO relavence. But this "cancer patient" could still learn the word of God and be promised that at the end they would reach a place with no pain or suffering. And this would comfort them.

Quote:
You've spent your life dedicated to Yaweh, when it turns out that Allah is the one true God.
I am more than willing to take that chance.

Quote:
But, during my life I am not restrained to the laws of some ancient book, and I am not guilt ridden and subject to the admonishment of pious men. I feel that the religious waste their lives for something so trivial and ridiculous, I cannot even fathom the amount disconnect in ones brain that would lead them to devote themselves to God. Let alone give their life for him. That is plain silly, especially since, after death, it will be painstakingly obvious to you that you believed in a myth your whole life. Or, considering your consciouness will die with your body, you won't be aware of the waste that your life was after all.
Excuse me, there is NOTHING disconnected in my brain. I am a bright young woman with a VERY promising future, and I still give my heart and soul, mind and body, into a purpose so great that I cannot fathom why anyone could be atheist. I've been through crisis. There were a few years in which I lost sight. Got into drugs, heavy drinking, dabbled in some sexual encounters, even became suicidal with my actions. And they were the worst years of my life(although they WERE the most fun I've ever had ). But I lost sight of the end of the road. I was too interested in being a typical teenager that I did not notice the fork in the road and I took the wrong route. Now that I've returned to religion I am happy again. And I still drink, although I've quit experimenting in drugs and prematial sex is limited to one person(my fiance). And I am not guilt ridden the slightest bit because I know that I am forgiven.

Quote:
"Who knows?! Days could mean hundreds of millions of years"
It has been discussed that a day could mean something more. Have you ever told someone "It'll only take a minute" and it takes fifteen minutes? It is like that. It even describes dinosaurs in the bible.

Quote:
Atheists cannot have good hearts and good conscienceness?
Never said that atheists cannot be good people.
Every man needs a muse and mine could be the bottle.
DearJenny is offline   Reply With Quote