Music Banter - View Single Post - Sex, God, David Blane and other fun stuff...
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 07:29 AM   #108 (permalink)
joyboyo53
down the rabbit hole

here are some quotes from our recent discussion from the 'argue champion of the forums'

Quote:
Originally Posted by i get high sometimes
people get the idea that we are so advanced that we can just make bold statements like "Unicorns are/aren't real"
Quote:
cannot disprove the Flying Spaghetti Monster or the Invisible Pink Unicorn either, and it is glaringly obvious that all three do not exist.
Quote:
it must be applied to all things which science cannot disprove, which includes all of the aforesaid things, Unicorns, Goblins, trolls, etc. Why can't you say that it is futile to argue the existance of goblins?
Quote:
So unless you can honestly come out and say that it is pointless to argue the existance of goblins, trolls, mermaids, the flying spaghetti monster, and unicorns

Quote:
You have said that asserting God's non-existance is bold, so therefore, by your logic, asserting the non-existance of Goblins must also be bold, but certainly you do not believe that. Which is why I can say with the same amount of confidence "God does not exist" that I can say "Goblins do not exist".
here is his latest contribution

Quote:
Originally Posted by i get high sometimes View Post
There was nothing circular about my arguments.
joyboyo53 is offline   Reply With Quote