Music Banter - View Single Post - the problem with kids today
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2005, 03:09 PM   #47 (permalink)
jibber
Freeskier

Location: Istanbul was Constantinople now it's Istanbul not Constantinople...

wow this is an old thread. Anyways, it just struck me as really interesting how so many people responded to this thread saying to listen to whatever kind of music you want, and that no one should be berrated for their personal taste in music, and in the rest of the threads it's a completely different story. Are people just bi-polar on this site, or could it be that some people just have a double standard? Maybe some people have the mentality that "I should be able to listen to whatever I want, it's a matter of personal opinion, but if someone listens to a band that I think is crap, they have a less evolved taste in music". Just thinking out loud really....well not out loud....on the keyboard....that didn't work, I'm gonna stop with this now. On a completely different note, maxell-cu, you ski?
What you've done becomes the judge of what you're going to do -- especially in other people's minds. When you're traveling, you are what you are right there and then. People don't have your past to hold against you. No yesterdays on the road.
William Least Heat Moon, Blue Highways

Your toughest competitor lives in your head. Some days his name is fear, or pain, or gravity. Stomp his ass.

HOOKED ON THE WHITE POWDER
jibber is offline   Reply With Quote