Music Banter - View Single Post - Rilo Kiley "Under the Blacklight"
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 03:01 PM   #22 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
Yeah, and so far Rilo Kiley hasn't either and they've released two singles with music videos to accompany them. So success wise, the comparison between the Smiths and Rilo Kiley really wasn't so far off, now was it?
Really? You're comparing The Smiths and Rilo Kiley? Lol. Granted, I never really understood what all the fuss was about with The Smiths, but let's assume RK was never going to achieve the cult status or the impact The Smiths had.

What are you so pissed about anyway, that they decided to make their sound more mainstream, or that they changed their sound at all? Is the artist's mission now to please the fan instead of making what they want to make? The only reason why you're so offended with UTB is because you can't stand mainstream pop music (and don't try to sell me that Avril bullshit). That doesn't make you the best judge of the genre. Try looking at this album by its own merits, not with regards to what you think they should've made. I dare say it might make you change your mind.

Quote:
Crap music? If you think old Rilo Kiley is crap then maybe you should examine yourself, Mr. Arctic Monkeys, Klaxons and anything else the british radio adores fan. And saying their greatest pop artists of their time isn't saying much when you're stacked aside the likes of a bunch of 50 Cents, Ushers, and Backstreet Boys.
Again with disrespecting a perfectly legitimate genre. If you don't dig it, don't diss it. I hate to sound like a broken record but I don't go around dissing death metal.

P.s. Get rich or die trying is a very good album.>.>

Last.fm
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote