Music Banter - View Single Post - Rilo Kiley "Under the Blacklight"
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 03:18 PM   #25 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
You know I wasn't comparing them to the Smiths in the cult status/impact sense. I was comparing them in the fact they're both pop bands and using the Smiths as an example of a pop band who didn't do what would well, but did what they want.
You assume they did this only to make money. I think otherwise. It's like saying Tegan and Sara "sold out" because they made a catchy album...or an even better example, that The Rapture sold out with Pieces of the People We Love. They just decided to go in a different direction. I appreciate both Echoes for it's breakthrough impact and POTPWL for it's pop/dance qualities.
Quote:
Well, see when a fan likes a band, and then that band goes and releases a shit album the fan isn't going to be doing cartwheels now are they?
I think you're in the minority there.
Quote:
Didn't you make a thread on why you hate Metallica/Iron Maiden? And pop today is a completely superficial genre, so you know theres a difference between hating that and death metal.
Yah, like 2 years ago. Besides, that was an exception to a general rule, Metallica I hate out of principle, I don't hate their music per se. Iron Maiden is a joke band that everyone should ridicule. :-|

And pop was ALWAYS a superficial genre, goddamnit. >:[

Edit: Hi Leroy ...stick around, bitch.

Last.fm
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote